The lodge is situated in the Black Rhino Private Reserve. This brand new reserve forms part of the Greater Pilanesberg National Park. The size of the park is in the extent of 57 000 hectares. Black Rhino Reserve is situated in the North Western corner of the Pilanesberg National Park (PNP). It is just under 2000 hectares in size and is the first portion of private land that was incorporated into the PNP.
The idea is to incorporate all the land between PNP and the Madikwe Game Reserve to form the “Heritage Park” that will be in the extent of 300 000 hectares.
We enjoy traversing across the entire park ( 57 000 hectares) in our open game vehicle. The vegatation is predominantly sweetveld and it compliments the sourveld and mixed veld of the park. We have the priveledge to see the Buffalo on regular occasions as they have taken shelter in the more remote areas that is not accesable to any other visitor to the park.
The reserve is charactirized by huge number of Tambotie trees and therefore we have regular sightings of the bad tempered Black rhino. The reserve is entered exclusively through our private entrance gate on the westen side of the reserve.
The reserve is home to the BIG 5 (Lion, Leopard, Buffalo, Elephant, White and Black Rhino) as well as Cheetah and Wild dog. Antelope species include sable, tsessebe, eland, gemsbok and springbok.
With a species list of over 354, the black rhino reserve is a true “birders paradise”.
We also offer the following activities in the area:
- Hot Air Balloon Safari over the park. Book with us for this unforgettable experience
- Elephant Back safaris
- Elephant interaction. Kids get a chance to get up close and personal with elephants
- Visit Sun City with all its amenities and the valley of Waves
- Golf at the world famous “Gary Player” golf course and The Lost City Golf course
- Special Safaris : Tailor made Photographic Safaris, Walking Safaris & Bird safaris